The Rajya Sabha on August 7 passed the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill. Home Minister Amit Shah assured the objective of the bill was “ to provide efficient, corruption-free governance & popular government.”
- ਆਸਟ੍ਰੇਲੀਆਈ ਵਿਦੇਸ਼ ਮੰਤਰੀ ਪੈਨੀ ਵੋਂਗ ਦੇ ਬੁਲਾਰੇ ਦਾ ਕਹਿਣਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਕੈਨੇਡਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਇੱਕ ਸਿੱਖ ਕਾਰਕੁਨ ਦੇ ਕਤਲ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਭਾਰਤ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਦਾ ਹੱਥ ਹੋਣ ਦੇ ਦੋਸ਼ਾਂ ‘ਤੇ ਆਸਟ੍ਰੇਲੀਆ “ਡੂੰਘਾ ਚਿੰਤਤ” ਹੈ
- Burnaby City Council voted unanimously on Monday night to keep city hall where it is, (rather) than opting for the Metrotown project. The current facility needs to be replaced but the plan for the new one had a cost estimate of $800 million.
- A 35-year-old pedestrian has died after a collision involving a motor vehicle in Abbotsford Tuesday night. The AbbyPD officers responded to reports of the incident at Gladys Ave. near Essendene Ave. just before 11:30 p.m. Help AbbyPD at 6048595225.
- The online listing data shows, there was a 0.8% drop in the asking price for a one-bedroom home in Vancouver compared to July, dropping below the $3,000 mark to $2,988. There was also a 1% monthly decrease for a 2-bedroom unit down to $3,879.
- The VCHA & local residents have noticed an apparent increase in rats in the area. At Lions Gate Hospital, in the Lonsdale area, rodents have spurred action from the health authority. The apparent increase in rats is attributed to nearby construction.