- Vancouver police have announced a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of Cody Timothy Casey, 36, he has been on the run for 8 months & wanted on Canada-wide warrants for drug & firearms offenses. Call investigators at 604-717-9979.
- Floodwaters from a collapsed dam kept rising in southern Ukraine on Wednesday, forcing hundreds of people to flee their homes. Ukraine accused Russia of blowing up the dam wall. A day after the dam’s collapse, it remained unclear what caused it.
- Commercial photographers may soon have to pay $400 for a permit to take pictures in 23 parks managed by the Metro Vancouver Regional District from January. An online petition has gathered more than 1,700 signatures in opposition of this initiative.
- Surrey Mayor Brenda Locke said “Staff are working hard to address a number of the questions posed by the solicitor general to provide a comprehensive corporate report for this council, all of this council, so we can make a final & informed decision.”
- Bank of Canada raised its benchmark interest rate to 4.75% on Wednesday, an increase of a quarter-percentage point in its 1st hike since Jan. The policy rate, which sets the cost of borrowing in Canada, now stands at its highest level since May 2001.