B.C.’s public safety minister has written a strongly-worded letter to Surrey City Council, pushing for a final decision on policing in the city and expressing “grave concern” that not all on council are considering all the information available.
- Thai police on Tuesday said they had arrested a 14-year-old suspected gunman after a shooting at a luxury mall in the capital Bangkok that emergency services said had killed three people and injured four others. He is being questioned now.
- A day after the Bihar Government released the data of caste survey in the state, the Supreme Court on Tuesday said it will take up on October 6 petitions challenging the validity of the entire exercise. The ‘privacy of the respondents’ was on stake.
- The Delhi police on Tuesday arrested 2 persons, including news portal NewsClick’s founder Prabir Purkayastha, in connection with a probe in portal’s foreign funding. As many as 46 suspects were questioned, digital devices and documents were seized.
- B.C. MLA’s are back in the legislature for the fall session, & the seating arrangement looks a little different. The Conservative Party of B.C. now has official party status. Housing will be a key focus this time. New legislation is expected.
- The leader of the Conservative Party of B.C. is taking heat from both Indigenous communities & LGBTQ2 activists for a social media post critics say compares the province’s SOGI 123 resources to residential schools. He made the post on Sept. 30.